Saturday, February 26, 2011

Knitted Boatneck Sweater Pattern

Chapter 58 Books of the Dead - Pride and Prejudice and Dead

Pride and Prejudice and zombies

At this point I can not write so much, because I've read far. Therefore, I quote from the times Wikipedia - Article:

" great success in the U.S. and Great Britain a parody of the novel [Pride and Prejudice], the author Seth Grahame-Smith published in 2009 under the title Pride and Prejudice and zombies. The Mashup retains Austen's novel with broad, enriched him but modern with elements of zombie novels and accounts for the Bennet sisters Pentathlon strong sword fighters. The book reached number three the bestseller list of New York Times was and in England positive reviews "

This shows also the same, where I think is the problem. I can the writing style not get anything, it bores me, discussions of young women of the 19th century, marriageable men to follow, even if these are rare due to the zombie disease. In addition to marriageable men reflects more about families, their reputation and their influence and by the way always eaten a few people and zombies slaughtered.

Somehow it sounds now, of course interesting, but I was just nicht warm damit.

Dafür kann es verschiedene Ursachen geben. Begonnen hab ich das Buch letztes Jahr im Türkeiurlaub. Erhofft hab ich mir witzige, leicht lesbare Urlaubslektüre. Mit Zombies.

Bekommen hab ich ein Buch, das aufgrund der absurden Situation tatsächlich witzig sein könnte, nur leicht lesbar war es nicht. Neben der Story scheint nämlich auch der Schreibstil direkt aus dem 19. Jahrhundert zu stammen.

Eine Bewertung spar ich mir, weil ich möglicherweise der Genialität des Buchs nicht gerecht werde. Wer sich selber ein Urteil bilden will, gets the opportunity.

I hereby giving away my copy of the book.

To win, leave a comment under this entry. Once ten entries is reached, or double my exclusive, I will give away the book. So in roughly for ten years.

can buy the book, of course.

0 comments:

Post a Comment